After Effects tutorial shows how to move a composition from one project to another project. In this tutorial video, first step, we can save a pre-comp using collect files from one After Effects Project. And then we can open another After Effects project, and import the collected files. Therefore, we can move a composition from one project to another in After Effects. Hope this helps. More After Effects Tutorials here
How to move a composition from one project to another in After Effects
To move a composition from one project to another in After Effects, we can follow these steps:
1. Open the project that contains the composition we want to move,
2. Select the composition in the Project panel,
3. Go to File > Dependencies > Collect Files,
4. In the Collect Files dialog box, select For Selected Comps and check Reduce Project,
5. Click Collect and save the file wherever we want.
6. Open another project where we want to move the composition.
7. Go to File > Import and select the file you saved in step 5.
8. The composition can be added to your new project.
Here is a tutorial video showing the steps visually, watch on YouTube as below,
0:00 Intro – How to import composition into another project
0:23 Collect Files in one composition
0:50 Open another After Effects Project
1:16 Import After Effects Collected Files
1:57 Move a composition into another composition
Hope this helps. Watch More After Effects Tutorial in this YouTube Video Playlist
Have fun with CG, let’s create!
Welcome to share with your friend,